Today’s Lunch inspiration – Lentils with Mushrooms and Cauliflower. Did you know that lentils are highly rich in Folate? This nutrient is very important for decrease risk of birth defects, lower risk of development of depression and it also helps to maintaining a healthy heart. They are also a very good source of protein and fiber!
Ingredients – Serve 2 people
1 cup of lentils
3 cups of water
5 medium mushrooms
½ Golden Beetroot
2 tsp coconut oil
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the cauliflower in small pieces, display them in the oven tray with a tsp of coconut oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Leave in the oven to cook for 10 min at 180ºC, stir occasionally.
2. Peel and cut half of onion. In a pan add ½ of the onion, the lentils, 2 cups of water and salt. Leave to cook for about 10 minutes in medium heat.
3. Chop in small pieces the other half of the onion and grate the ginger root.
4. In a small fry pan add the onion and the ginger, braise until onion be almost transparent and then add the mushrooms and the leek previously chopped.
5. When lentils are cooked remove the excess water and add them to the previous mixture as the cooked cauliflower. Mix all the ingredients, rectify the seasoning.
6. Serve and garnish with grated Beetroot.
7. Enjoy your meal in a relaxed environment!