Today I’m sharing one of the most favorite recipes and requested by my friends. It’s a great recipe to make over weekend since we normally can spend more time in the kitchen, enjoying a great breakfast/brunch and you will end up having a nutrient bread to enjoy during your week! This Pumpkin Bread recipe is completely Vegan and Gluten Free! I personally love this recipe but I have to warn you that it isn’t like the normal breads we are used to eat, it’s a much more dense and heavy bread, highly nutritive, rich in fibers and much more fulfilling. I hope you like it as much as we do!
- 1 Cup of Pumpkin Pure (half a medium pumpkin)
- 1 Cup Teff flour
- 1 Cup Coconut flour
- ½ Cup Flaxseed flour
- ¼ Cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbs chia seeds soaked in 4 tbs water (if not vegan, can use 2 eggs)
- ½ Cup of warm water
- 2 Tbs Sider vinegar
- 1 Tbs Baking soda
- 1 Tbs fermented powder
- Ginger Root (1-2cm)
- Pinch of Salt
- Mix Seed for decoration
1. Pre heat the oven on 180ºC.
2. Cut and peel the Pumpkin, spread it in an oven tray and roasted it until tender, about 30
3. In a bowl add all the dry ingredients – flours, Baking Soda, fermeted powder and salt;
4. In a food processor add the cooked Pumpkin and blend them together with the coconut
oil, warm water, apple sider vinegar, ginger and the chia seeds previous soaked in the
double of water (it supposed to have a jelly consistence) until a puree texture;
5. Incorporate the puree to the dry ingredients, you will end up with a firm dough.
6. Transfer the dough to a silicone cake pan (if not silicone you’ll need to grease the pan with
the coconut oil and add some gluten free flour) finalize on top with some mixed seeds;
7. Cook in oven for about 45 minutes;
8. Take from oven and leave it to cold down for at least 30-60 minutes, just remove from the
cake pan after this time;
9. Slice it and enjoy!