Today I want to share with you one of the recipes that I created for my first workshop during my Macrobiotic Course! Everyone loved it and I finally add some time to put it all together and share the recipe with you all!
This soup is very rich in vitamin C, but more than all the good nutrients it’s also very nourishing, full filing, grounded, warming and perfect to increase your state of calm, comfort and center in yourself. That nourishing that we need from inside out! In macrobiotic we believe that food is medicine, that we can promote and increase our energy and emotions through different ingredients. This soup is a mixed of the element Earth, Wood and Fire. They together can boost your energy, the earth from the sweet potato and pumpkin will be linked to the energy of earth which stimulates the nourishing and feeling of comfort. The broccoli like small trees have the energy from the wood that help you lift your mood! And the spices will have the fire element which will make your energy flow from inside out!
Hope you are convinced already to try it and that you will love it as much as we all did!
- 2 courgettes
- 2 sweet potato
- 1 Pumpkin squash
- 1 cup of Peas
- 1 bunch of Broccoli
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 tbs of Coconut oil
- 1tbs back sesame seeds
- 1 tbs curry
- 1 tbs of curcumin
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of coriander seeds
- pinch of pepper cayenne (optional)
- ginger root
- turmeric root
1. Roast the coriander and cumin seeds for about 2-3 min in a small pan, just to release the flavours;
2. Graze about 1cm of Ginger and Turmeric Root;
3. Cut the pepper in very small pieces and the fresh coriander roots;
4. In a mortar place all the spices with the peppers and coriander roots and with the pestle press until create a smooth past.
5. Peel and cut the sweet potato and pumpkin in small pieces;
6. In a pan add the Curry Past and coconut oil and stir for a while, add 1 cup of water, and the vegetables (except Broccoli), stir and let it cook for about 3 min, add water until you have 4 cm above vegetables and leave to cook for about 30 min, until the vegetables are soft.
7. Meanwhile prepare the Zucchini Noodles in the Spiralizer machine and chop the fresh coriander leaves;
8. Cut the Broccoli in small pieces and add and leave to cook for more 5 min;
9. Add the coconut milk and leave to cook for more 4min;
10. Place some Noddles in the serving bowls, fill with the soup stock and finish with some fresh coriander on top;
Bon Appetit! Enjoy =D